Big Changes! November 30 2016
Since Lou became a mum, life has changed!
Jenny and Lou closed their shop Jenny Scott Sorrento which Jenny owned for over 26 years.
Jenny's son Doug has opened 5 stores called Marion & Me, with the flagship store being in Sorrento, and the other four stores in Bendigo, Ballarat, Castlemaine and Kyneton. Jenny continues to design her label which is stocked in Marion & Me.
As for Lou, well she has moved on to develop her love and passion for knitting. Inheriting Jenny's keen eye for design, Lou has started Louf. which specialises in pure Australian Merino wool products. Come over and check out her creations and sign up to keep in touch with her news. www.louf.com.au
Kyneton & Bendigo Stockist Now Open April 03 2015
Marion & Me is the newest addition to the historical Piper Street Precinct, Kyneton, and Williamson Street, Bendigo. The two stores signify the first official openings of the Marion & Me women’s fashion retail experience.
The name Marion & Me is in honour of the owner's late grandmother, Marion Swindon, who herself was a highly trained seamstress and tailor. That love and passion has passed through the generations, firstly to her daughter Jenny, the founder of Jenny Scott Sorrento, and now to both grandchildren who have followed into the family rag trade tradition.
Marion & Me caters for the lady who loves an original yet unique style, who still thrives on a personal retail experience.
Marion & Me
54A Piper Street, Kyneton
37 Williamson Street, Bendigo
Easy Valentine’s Day Looks February 14 2015
Forget about wearing standard issue red or pink on Valentine’s Day. We have 3 easy outfit ideas that you’ll definitely fall for. From bold colours and floral prints, we have outfits that will add the right amount of spark for the most romantic day of the year.
Spend the day with this classic date combination by wearing something casual without feeling underdressed. The long Merricks top in Iris is perfect with its hand painted floral details, bound to command the right amount of attention. While the St. Andrews Vest in Petunia will brighten up the mood with its warm bright colours and textural leaf pattern.
Spice up your Valentine’s Day with some Salsa, Flamenco, or even Ballroom Dancing! Keep your composure with the Merricks top in Fuchsia. The bright pink will definitely bring the spark and chemistry between you and your dance partner, but also draw the right amount of attention when showcasing those dance moves.
Skip those dinner reservations for a low-key outdoor date. Whether it’s a walk around the park or a casual picnic. Keep your cool in the sleeveless Merricks top in Electric. The beautiful electric blue colour will guarantee that your date won’t be able to look away. While the Cape Schanck Vest will keep you warm when it gets a little cooler at night.
Whether it’s a cozy night in or a romantic night out, we hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day. Comment or share what your plans are for the most romantic time of year!
Proudly made in Melbourne February 07 2015
Jenny Scott Sorrento is proudly made in Melbourne. With all our production and manufacturing done here, we know everything that goes into making our clothes before it comes to you.
When it comes to fashion, we think about clothing and style as an extension of ourselves. But often the last thing we think about is where our clothing come from and how they are made. We’ve all seen the “Made in China” or “Made in Bangladesh” tags on the collar of our shirts, but what does that really mean?
In the past ten years, consumers have become hungry for fast fashion. To keep up with demand and changing trends, clothing brands engage overseas manufacturers, often with poor labor standards, to push out unsustainable quantities of garments at varying levels of quality. Often the end results is a market so saturated that customers can buy a garment for just one season before throwing it out or never wearing it again.
So what does this mean at the end of the day? By asking question about where our clothing comes from and how it’s made is a great start. By being conscious and aware, we can make decisions about what clothes we put on our backs. And by buying locally made clothing, you will support local communities and the local economy. This means confidence in knowing that manufacturers have strict health and safety standards. It also means that your garment isn’t one of thousands, but one of a short run of beautifully made pieces.
By shopping with Jenny Scott Sorrento, you can be confident in knowing exactly where your garments come from and the love and care that goes behind it.
Jenny Scott Sorrento, proudly made in Melbourne.
Having your photo taken - our tips and tricks September 17 2014
When we’re away on holiday or at a family event, inevitably someone always pulls out the camera and starts snapping away.
Our first thought is often “where’s the nearest exit”, as we plan a disappearing act while others jump into frame. But we’ve put together a list of tips and tricks that you can subscribe to when staring down the barrel of a lens.
- Don’t slouch! Lean slightly toward the camera, elongate your neck and pull your shoulders back.
- Find the light. Soft light is flattering light. Don’t have your photo taken with the sun behind you. Or if it’s an overcast day, face the sun for a softer, more even light, or have your photo taken in the shade.
- Relax your eyes. People often get ‘camera fright’ when they pose for a picture and they strike facial expressions that they would never do in real life. Relax your face and mouth, keep your eyes open and bright. If all else fails, have a go-to thought that’s really funny and makes you smile every time.
- Dress for the occasion. We all have good and bad features that we want to show off or disguise, so dress for it. If you have a tummy, wear a top that drapes over your waist. If you don’t like your arms, don’t wear a singlet, wear a three-quarter length top. But if you have a great neckline, wear a plunging top to really show it off.
We recommend the following tops:
Drop by to chat or contact us for more information and advice on how to dress to really show off your best side and to feel fabulous.
3 tips when buying your next winter investment piece August 15 2014
While we all love the sunshine and warmth of summer, winter provides the best opportunity to rug up, dig into the wardrobe and pull out our favourite investment pieces.
From scarves, jackets, boots, hats and ponchos, winter provides the best opportunity to show off our personal style. It’s also the perfect time of year to hone our layering skills.
So when it’s time to freshen up your winter essentials wardrobe, what should you look for? The answer to this will depend on the climate where you live – regardless, there are a few simple rules that we like to live by.
- Don’t skimp on quality. We call them investment pieces for a reason. When selecting a garment look at the design, fabric and finish. At Jenny Scott Sorrento, we design every garment in our Sorrento workshop, we hand pick our fabrics and ensure that every garment is finished to the highest standard.
- Opt for a classic colour or pattern. We all love to move with the fashions, but don’t get caught up in the seasons’ fad when selecting an investment garment. Make sure you get at least a few seasons out of your garment. Opt for block colour and fine patterns. Like it or not, we all gravitate toward certain colours. Step back and look at the colour palette of your wardrobe before selecting an investment garment. The more mileage you can get out of it, the better.
- Don’t forget to wear it! Every season we go out and buy new and fabulous garments. But when we get into our daily routine of pulling out our favourite go-to items of clothing, we often find that our new purchases have been pushed to the back of the wardrobe. Variety is the spice of life, make sure you mix it up and have a bit of fun.
At Jenny Scott Sorrento, we love mixing, matching and layering our garments for winter. We suggest pairing a Cape Schanck vest with a pair of jeans and a crisp white shirt, or rugging up with the Bass Jumper.
How to pack the perfect travel wardrobe July 31 2014
Welcome to JennyScottSorrento.com! February 25 2014
Jenny Scott Sorrento is excited to welcome you to our new website!
We love dressing real women, that's why we've worked hard for over 20 years to bring you the highest quality, Australian-made garments, direct from our Sorrento, Victoria workshop. Now you can view our full range of garments online, shop with confidence via our secure online payment facility, and learn more about our wholesale opportunities.
Welcome to Jenny Scott Sorrento!
Jenny & Lou x